Messers

These children. I’ve never seen busier boys!! Trevor and I seriously never sit for more than one minute before we have to jump up and rescue someone from imminent disaster. Brody is the most frequent offender. He is obsessed with the stairs and tries to push past the gate (which is just a barricade, not a gate) at least every five minutes. No exaggeration. This is a fairly new thing, and we didn’t want to buy a new gate when we are about to move, but I’m about to have to do it.

20130809-082536.jpg
The other obsessions are the air vents. Y’all. Why are there no screw holes to attach these to the floor?!

20130809-082633.jpg
I’m scared Brody will break his leg in that hole, and you wouldn’t believe the stuff we pull out of there on a daily basis- poptarts, full cups of water, shoes, blocks, etc. It is crazy!!

Brody is also a fan of dropping things into the fireplace.

20130809-082808.jpg
Notice he’s in the same outfit in these pictures. That’d be because these were taken in a five minute span of time. Like I said: BUSY!!

Anyone else have kids like this, that are always looking for trouble?? Thank goodness for coffee and a good husband, or I’d be certifiable by now!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

This work, unless otherwise expressly stated, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.

8 thoughts on “Messers

1. Diana

Yep! My 15-month old son is super curious about everything and loves pulling things off of shelves, opening cabinets and pulling things out and then putting various things that don’t belong in said cabinets in, throwing things over gates, opening the washer and dryer doors, pulling on drapes, lamps, etc….pretty much, if it isn’t something that he’s ALLOWED to play with, he’s all over it. He loves stairs, too, and has gotten SO quick at racing up them!

2. Caitlin

My little Gavin is just like Brody – constantly getting into trouble and endangering himself (and others) in the name of curiosity! Well my dear Gavin, do you know what curiosity did to the cat?! Drove his mother crazy, that’s what.

3. Lindsay Pavkovich

I don’t even know why we buy toys for Presley anymore. All she does is pull crap out of the pantry, play with all the spoons and medicine droppers, and throws all the pillows off the couch. Crazy kids–you’re not alone!

4. Angel

If you have any heavy boxes already packed for your move you could put it over the vent and in front of the fireplace maybe?

5. Holly

All. Day. Long. Just hope he doesn’t hit the phase where he flushes things down the toilet, or tries to hide things in the back of his diaper. I can tell you from experience, that neither of those is fun to discover and clean up.

Our neighbor is a plumber, and a dad, so he comes to our rescue quite often. I think the largest item was when one of my kiddos tried to flush a shoe.

6. Heidi

I have twin 2.5 year old boys and a 13 month old boy. 3 BOYS UNDER 3!!! My husband is also a firefighter. He does 72 hour shifts. So I’m alone 3 days out of the week….with THREE boys….no help….believe me! You are NOT alone!! I’m surprised I have any hair left and not surprised that the hair I do have is turning grey!

7. Katie

My daughter’s just the same. I don’t know what to tell you. I’ve stopped fighting the messes, and instead focus on just the activity that’s life threatening. It’s helped…but not really. The best part of my day is 8 PM, when she’s in bed and I can finally sit down and let my blood pressure come down out of the stratosphere.