Brody turned two months old last week, and I have conflicting emotions on this milestone. On the one hand I think, “where did the time go? How is he already two months old?” Then again, I think “that was the longest two months of my entire life.” Because let’s be honest- the kid cried… a LOT. And I was stressed… a LOT. And I needed Zoloft… a LOT. Needless to say, we are in a much better place two months in than we were at one month. Brody is like a whole new boy, and I am like a whole new lady! I feel worlds better, and so does he. In short, we are happy. Thank goodness!!
At two months old, Brody:
- Is massive. He’s over 12 pounds- as of last weigh in, he was 11 lbs 11 ounces, but that was over a week ago.
- Is now wearing size 3-6 months. I tell you, he’s really big.
- Wears a size 1 diaper (starting cloth as soon as we run out of disposables… probably next week!)
- Eats every two hours. Hence the hugeness. He only waits that long because I make him, per the lactation consultant’s orders. He’d eat every five minutes if I let him.
- Is definitely going to have brown eyes!
- Is still taking Prevacid, though I have dropped him to half a pill. It has done great things for him and his demeanor!
- Loves his room, particularly his changing area. He smiles like crazy when he’s up there!
- Obviously, from the above statement, he’s smiling. I get the majority of his smiles (that’s retribution for all that screaming!), but even the sound of Knox’s voice makes Brody grin.
- Likes bathtime. It’s his happiest time of day when I get him lotioned up and dressed after his bath.
- Has had a rash all over his face that I thought was baby acne. Turns out, it’s the same thing that causes cradle cap and the doctor said to wash him with Head & Shoulders twice a week to help- it’s definitely working and looks much better.
- Has rolled over from belly to back several times (the first of which, I think he was two weeks old) only because he despises tummy time and has zero desire to be in that position.
- Loves his swing, particularly the mobile that spins around. He will stare at it for a LONG time.
- Wants to be held… almost all the time. We tried out the Moby this week, and I think it’s going to help!
- Chest to chest is is favorite position to be held in.
-LOVES to be bounced and jostled. Staying still is not an option, neither is sitting down- you MUST stand up!
- Starts the night swaddled in his bassinet (this is a new occurrence) and ends it co-sleeping in our bed. He is not a great sleeper, generally only going three hour stretches before he wants to eat again. Everything leads back to to the fact that he thinks he’s starving all the time.
- Is getting better at riding in the car. At first he screamed the whole time, but now he’s starting to nap more. But heaven help you if that car stops moving! Traffic jams are abysmal.
- He likes his Soothie pacifier sometimes, but not when he’s hysterical. Then, only the real thing will calm him down.
- He is very cute. He has the fluffiest little cheeks ever and is covered in rolls. I love it!
This work, unless otherwise expressly stated, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.